There are 2 main ways to upload the theme:
Via the built in WordPress theme uploader:
- Navigate to Appearance > Themes.
- Click Install Themes and click the Upload button.
- Navigate theme zip file on your computer and click Install Now.
- Activate the newly installed theme by going to Appearance > Themes and clicking the Activate button.
Note: Some servers have limited folder access settings applied and wouldn’t allow uploading the theme trough the admin – in these case you have to upload the theme via FTP.
Via FTP client:
- Unzip theme file. Do not change the name of the folder by adding extra characters or upper case letters.
- Using an FTP client to access your host web server, create a directory to save your Theme in the wp-content/themes directory provided by WordPress.
- Upload the Theme files to the new directory on your host server.
You can activate the theme after it is uploaded on the server. In order to activate this theme you have to go to the Admin Panel > Appearance > Themes. In this section you should see the new theme. Just click on the Activate button and your theme should get activated.